Director Of Marketing Cover Letter
Directors Of Marketing are responsible for a company’s marketing activities; their main purpose is to increase market share by attracting and retaining customers. Essential duties of a Director Of Marketing include: creating marketing strategies, implementing marketing campaigns, cultivating customer relationship, gathering and analyzing marketing information, recruiting and training marketing staff, guiding other marketing professionals, writing performance reports, updating company website, allocating resources, and building strategic partnerships.
Those interested in a Director Of Marketing position should be able to demonstrate the following abilities throughout their cover letters:
- Marketing expertise
- Strong leadership skills
- Strategic thinking
- Analytical skills
- Attention to details
- Problem-solving orientation
- Business acumen
- Computer proficiency
- Knowledge of current marketing trends
Relevant skills and qualifications for this job can be seen in the example cover letter provided just beneath.
For help with your resume, check out our extensive Director Of Marketing Resume Samples.
Dear Ms. Steward:
With this letter and the enclosed resume, I would like to express my sincere interest in the Director of Marketing position you have available. As a creative, driven, and visionary executive with more than 15 years of outstanding marketing experience and accomplishments, I possess a range of knowledge and experience that will allow me to contribute toward the success and growth of your company.
My expertise lies in successfully conceptualizing and implementing innovative marketing initiatives—including both digital and traditional media channels—to drive market impact and expansion for Fortune 500 companies. I possess a deep understanding of product development/distribution, advertising, market research, and social media management. Additionally, my proven talents in event strategy, branding, and customer analytics positions me to make a significant impact on your organization.
The following achievements demonstrate my qualification for this position:
- Propelling product enhancement, corporate growth strategies, and successful marketing initiatives to stimulate revenue growth and outperform sales objectives in progressively responsible positions with Great Sky Apparel, culminating in my current role as Marketing Director.
- Conceptualizing and implementing integrated marketing communication plans to ensure brand consistency, meet measurable objectives, and maximize effectiveness.
- Reduced annual marcom costs by 47% while simultaneously increasing market penetration by improving Great Sky’s email gathering, cleansing, and distribution strategy.
- Utilizing a variety of marketing channels—including direct mail, social media, in-store efforts, employee programs, online / digital, and special customer events—to achieve corporate goals.
- Demonstrating effective communication, analytical, presentation, and time management abilities.
My proven success in achieving corporate marketing objectives, along with my comprehensive expertise in developing strategic initiatives and programs throughout all levels of the marketing cycle, will contribute immensely to the success of your company. Thank you for your consideration, and I look forward to speaking with you soon.
Susan M. Wayman
Sample cover letter for a marketing manager
The best way to market yourself is with a top notch cover letter.
Use your marketing skills on your best client: you.
Are you an ace when it comes to marketing products and services, but stuck when promoting yourself for marketing manager jobs? Get inspiration by viewing this marketing cover letter sample below.
If you need additional writing tips, join Monster today, so the experts at Monster's Resume Writing Service can help you impress employers with a high-impact resume for jobs in marketing.
15 Park Way
Sometown, CA 55555
Home: 555-555-5555 | Cell: 444-444-4444
Available to Relocate
Feb. 28, 2017
Ms. Janet Ramos
1515 Market St.
Sometown, CA 55555
Re: Marketing manager position advertised on Monster.com
Dear Ms. Ramos:
I read your advertisement for a marketing manager with great interest. If you are seeking to augment your leadership team with an experienced and accomplished marketing professional known for breakthrough results, please consider my enclosed resume.
As JKL Company’s marketing manager since 2015, I direct all phases of both the creative and technical elements of marketing initiatives including data mining, brand creation, print/Web collateral development, lead generation, channel partner cultivation, customer segmentation/profiling, as well as CRM and acquisition strategies.
Perhaps most importantly, I offer a history of proven results, as evidenced by the following marketing accomplishments for my current employer:
- Captured a 28% expansion in customer base since 2015, achieved during a period of overall decline in the retail industry.
- Led national marketing campaign (comprised of trade show, media and PR initiatives) of company’s newly launched technology services division.
- Developed and executed SEO strategy that achieved and sustained top 3 rankings on Google and Bing (organic, nonpaid results) for key product search terms.
- Oversaw creation of new company logo and rebranded 100+ products to cement a cohesive corporate identity and support new company direction.
Given the opportunity, I’m confident in my ability to achieve similar groundbreaking marketing results for XYZ Company.
Ms. Ramos, I would welcome the chance to discuss your marketing objectives and ways I can help you attain them. Feel free to call me at 555-555-5555 to arrange a meeting. I look forward to speaking with you.
See all sample cover letters on Monster.