1) Admission shall be through the designated Study Centres only, spread all over the state.
2) For Admission to a programme, course fee is to be paid through the Bank challan attached with the Prospectus, at any branch of State Bank of India. Application along with necessary enclosures and a copy of the challan returned by the Bank after payment is required to be submitted at the recongnised study Centres within due date. [Course fee may also be paid in the form of Bank Draft drawn in favour of Krishna Kanta Handiqui State Open University” and payable at Guwahati.
3)A summarised table indicating the eligibility criteria of admission into the various academic programmes offered by the Univeristy along with the relevant documents necessary to be submitted along with the application form. The Study Centre will scrutinize the application forms as per the norms and qualifications required for each programme.The Study Centre will scrutinize the application forms as per the norms and qualifications required for each programme.
4)After scrutiny, the eligible applicants will be provisionally admitted by the Study Centre.
5) Intending learners with incomplete application may be given conditional admission at the University’s discretion with the condition that required eligibility documents are to be submitted latest by the dates prescribed for the purpose. Their enrollment will be confirmed on fulfillment of the eligibility requirements. To appear in the examinations, confirmation of enrollment will be necessary.
6)All the enrolled learners will be provided with the registration number,programme guidelines and identity cards.
7)Those learners who are unable to complete the programme within the specified validity period will be required to register themselves afresh by paying the requisite fee as per the University regulations.Continuous Admission:
1)After completion of a particular semester, a learner is required to apply for next semester simply by paying the necessary fees within one month of the last examination day of the previous Semester. Admission in subsequent semester does not depend on the results of the earlier semester. One may take admission even without appearing in previous semester examination in the next semester. Admission should be taken continuously in all a Degree, Diploma and Certificate programmes without any break. A learner will be allowed to appear in all the examinations including back papers within the stipulated time of a programme.
2) A learner is required to pay a fine of Rs 300 if he or she applies for admission to the next semester after expiry of one month but within two months from the last day of examination of the previous semester.
3) On special consideration, a learner may be allowed admission as individual admission for the next semester even beyond two months but before the issue of notification of the examination of that semester by the University on Individual application with sufficient reasons and payment of a fine of Rs 500.
In Assam, the Right to Education Act (RTE, 2009) came into force on April 1, 2010. It reported that a substantial section of teachers in Assam in the lower primary and upper primary sections remain untrained. Moreover, the recently appointed TET qualified teachers also lack formal teacher-training except those with B.Ed. degree. As per the direction of MHRD all such untrained teachers are to be trained within the year 2015. As it is practically impossible to train such a large number of teachers in the face-to-face mode, within such a short period of time, the Government of Assam decided that such teachers are to be trained through the Distance Mode of Education. Krishna Kanta Handiqui State Open University (KKHSOU) was entrusted the responsibility of framing the curriculum and developing the teacher-teacher programme. Accordingly, Diploma in Elementary Education (D.El.Ed.) programme was designed and developed by the University in the light of NCTE guidelines with the academic support of experts from DEC and IGNOU, besides local experts, and submitted to the NCTE through the ASSA Mission. The NCTE has approved the Diploma in Elementary Education programme. The duration of the programme is of two years and only those who are selected/nominated/deputed by the Government of Assam (i.e. SSA Mission) will be entitled to undergo this training.
Art and Creative Education D.El.Ed Programme Video Tutorials
Video on Guidelines for Evaluation of Practical Components of D.El.Ed Programme
D.El.Ed KKHSOU Self Learning Materials(E-SLM)
Art and Creative Education D.El.Ed Handbook
e.g Type D.El.Ed for D.EL.ED results search